Today at Martinson Elementary School there was a reported smell of natural gas in the main hallway of the building. As a precaution, we evacuated the building and walked to the back field. The Marshfield Fire and Police Departments determined there was no danger and the gas company was called to follow-up. I want to thank the staff and children for evacuating quickly and quietly, it was “textbook”. I would also like to thank the Marshfield Police and Fire Departments for their quick response, and Superintendent Granatino, Marshfield High School Principal Keuther, Furnace Brook Middle School Principal Sullivan and their staff for assisting us on the field. The safety of your children is our biggest concern, therefore we will always err on the side of caution. If you have any questions or concerns please call me at 781 834-5025.