Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Coach Silva To Return For Final Season

Below is the press release that went out on January 21st, on the status of the Head Football Coaching position at MHS:


After a meeting this afternoon with Superintendent Granatino, Principal Keuther and Coach Silva, it was decided that Coach Lou Silva will return for one more season as the Head Football Coach for the Marshfield High School Rams for the 2017 season. 

At today’s meeting, we were able to satisfactorily address the issues that were raised in previous discussions between the administration and the coach and we are pleased to have Coach Silva lead the Rams for the 2017 season.  “Lou Silva has been the face of Marshfield football for over 40 years and he will be able to finish his career at the helm of a program he has worked so hard for,” said Principal Keuther.

Coach Silva added, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to coach one more season and I appreciate the administration for being open minded and willing to allow me to return as head coach.  At this time, I also want to announce that I will be retiring from coaching at the close of the 2017 season, so I can spend more time with my family.  I have been very fortunate to coach so many great young men and to be a part of this tremendous community.  Marshfield football means so much to me and my family and I can’t wait to start working with the kids.”

Marshfield School Committee Chair, Sean Costello, also noted that, “I appreciate the efforts of our administrators and I’m glad that they were able to have an open discussion with Coach Silva while reaching an agreement that allows for him to return to the job that he loves for one more year.”


While we understand the interest surrounding this matter, we cannot offer any additional information, nor will we be able to take part in any interviews, due to the confidential nature of the personnel process.